How we collect your personal data
We want to make sure you receive the communications that are most relevant to you, be it through visiting our website or receiving emails, post, phone calls, text, or in person.
We collect your personal data in the following ways:
- When you directly interact with us – this could be if you ask about our work; when you sign up to receive emails; purchase Universal Mind tickets or merchandise; apply for a job or when you provide your data over the phone, by email, via the website or app, via physical mail, or in person e.g. at Universal Mind events.
- When you interact with us through any of our partners, for example, our ticketservice and have provided your consent for your contact details to be shared with us.
- When you interact with us through other third parties – this could be if you enter a competition through a third party website and provide your consent for your personal information to be shared with us.
The following sets out all of the purposes of processing of personal data Universal Mind undertakes, setting out how we process your personal data to achieve the purpose:
- To keep you informed about Universal Mind events, news and offers about Universal Mind, and our related events. We will ask for your email address to provide this information to you. You will be required to ‘opt-in’ to receive emails from us and can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of emails, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- To advertise our work through digital ads. We use digital agencies to advertise Universal Mind through digital ads which is achieved using email addresses and cookies. If we send your details to Facebook for this purpose they will be hashed before they are sent, and Facebook only briefly uses the data for matching purposes then deletes it: https://www.facebook.com/ads/manage/customaudiences/tos.php If you wish to opt out of having your details provided to Facebook or other social media platforms for the purpose of targeted advertising, please contact us at email@example.com
We work closely with partners such as our Nano Records, Psychedelic Rave, our primary ticket agent Eventix, and other ticket agents, to ensure our customers are provided with any information related to Universal Mind events. For any Universal Mind events we reserve the right to lawfully use legitimate interest right to contact all ticket holders, via data provided to us by our ticketing partners, prior to the event with information directly related to the running of the event. We will endeavour to ensure our partners gain your consent before any contact details are made available to Universal Mind for marketing purposes.
The following sets out the technical and organisation security measures employed by Universal Mind to ensure your personal data is kept confidential and secure by Universal Mind and our partner organisations / third party suppliers
For most processing of personal data we will be asking for your consent, however, some processing will be based on legitimate interests or for the purposes of entering into a contract e.g. where we require certain personal data in order to provide a service you choose to use. We would only rely on the lawful basis of legitimate interests where we are assured that we would not be using your data in a way you would not expect taking into account your rights and interests.
Universal Mind takes reasonable steps to ensure the security of all information it collects, including that the information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. For example, your personal information may be stored and maintained in a secure cloud-based environment, which can be accessed only by authorised personnel. Some of these services are hosted by third parties located in Europe, Australia and the United States. However, as no data transmission over the internet or information stored on servers accessible through the internet can be guaranteed to be fully secure, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you send to us or receive from us online.
We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, audit or reporting requirements. We may also retain your personal data for a reasonable period afterwards to allow us to respond to any follow up enquiries or complaints.The following sets out how Universal Mind will ensure we meet all of these increased rights.
You may request access to your personal information collected by Universal Mind. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavour to respond as soon as possible and in any event within one calendar month of receiving your request. There may be some legal or regulatory reason why access is denied, or amendment refused. If this is so, we will tell you why.
If you believe any of your personal information held by Universal Mind is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, Universal Mind will take reasonable steps to correct the information. You can make a request for rectification verbally or in writing. To request that your personal information be corrected or updated, please send an email to email@example.com. We will respond to your request within one calendar month.
Also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’, you can now request for your personal data processed and held by us to be erased, unless there is another legal requirement for us to continue to process that data, in which case this will be explained to you in response to your request. You can request for us to erase your data either verbally or in writing. We will respond to your request within one calendar month.
Similar to your right to request erasure of your personal data, you can request we restrict processing where you have issues with the content of the information we hold or with how we have processed your data. In these cases we would only apply the restriction for a certain period of time while we consider your request for doing so. You can request us to restrict processing either verbally or in writing. We will respond to your request within one calendar month
Where technically feasible we will endeavour to provide you with a copy of your personal data in a format that can easily be transferred to another organisation. We will respond to your request within one calendar month. Please note this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
You have the right to object to us using your data for marketing purposes or where the processing is based on legitimate interests.
Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
Universal Mind does not process any personal data for automated decision making or for profiling as defined by the Regulation. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to exercise any of your rights as above.
If you have a complaint about the handling of your personal information, please send an email to email@example.com
A pixel is a small amount of code on a web page or in an email notification which is used by organisations to learn how users are interacting with certain web content to help us improve our services and personalize your experience. Pixels use you online identifiers to do this along with an anonymised version of your social media site ID. We cannot see any personal data of individual users, but the collected data are saved and processed by social media sites. You can amend your preferences or opt-out of website customised ads through Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/ and Twitter here: https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/twitter-cookies
Universal Mind is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of any other website or service that is linked to our Website, or for the privacy practices of any third party social media or other service providers that you can access through our Website. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of those websites or service providers, including, but not limited to, our ticket agent partners, which may require you to provide additional personal information.
Cookies are small text files that are stored in your computer’s memory and hard drive when you visit certain web pages. They are used to enable websites to function or to provide information to the owners of a website.
- Analytical purposes: We use analytical cookies that allow us to recognise, measure and track visitors to our Websites. This helps us to improve and develop the way our Websites work, for example, by determining whether site visitors can find information easily, or by identifying the aspects of our Websites that are of the most interest to them. For these purposes, we may store the following:
- the name of the domain from which you accessed the internet
- the date and time you accessed our Websites
- the advert or internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our Websites
- the pages you accessed while visiting our Websites
- the device from which you accessed our Websites
- the location from which you accessed our Websites
In addition, we use a third party service providers, to provide certain analytics services to us in connection with the operation of the Websites, including (without limitation) the collection and tracking of the data and information listed above.
We may disclose visitor data, including personally identifiable information, to enable those third party service providers to provide such services. Such data may be sent to those third party service providers and their local overseas suppliers, where the standard of data protection may be lower than the country in which you reside.
Functional purpose cookies store information that is needed by our applications to process and operate. For example, where requests within an application involve multiple stages, cookies are used to store the information from each stage temporarily, in order to facilitate completion of the overall request.
To make full use of our Websites, your computer or mobile device will need to accept cookies, as our sites will not function properly without them. In addition, cookies are required in order to provide you with personalised features on our websites.